2022 Gubernatorial General Election
There are three ways you can request a mail-in ballot.
- Online if you have a Maryland’s driver’s license or MVA-issued ID card.
- Complete and return one of the forms below. Read the instructions, enter the required information, print the form, sign it, and return it to your local board of elections. You can return it by mail, fax, or email (scanned as an attachment).
Note: We recommend that you download and fill out the form in Adobe Acrobat or any other PDF reader if you can't type your information directly into the form. Some browsers don't do this as well as other browsers. To download the form, click the form link and then right-click on the form. Select "Save as" to save it to your computer. You can also print the form and write in your information.
- Go to your local board of elections and fill out and turn in the form.
The deadline to request a ballot depends on how you want to receive your ballot.
- If you hand deliver your request and the ballots are ready, you can pick up your mail-in ballot. You may take your mail-in ballot with you and return it by mail or you can vote it at the local board office and give it to an election official. The deadline to request a mail-in ballot in person is election day, November 8, 2022. Please visit your local board of elections' website for hours of operation.
- If you want to receive your ballot by mail or fax, your request must be received (not just mailed) by Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
- If you want to receive your ballot via the internet,* your request must be received by 5pm, Friday, November 4, 2022 for a request sent in the mail, or by 11:59 pm, Friday, November 4, 2022 for a request sent by fax or submitted online.
- If you miss the deadlines to receive your ballot by mail, fax, or via the internet, but still want to vote by mail-in ballot, you or your agent must apply in person at your local board of elections. For more information about someone else picking up your ballot, see “Can I have someone pick up my ballot?” below.